Sem 3 holidays, part 1
Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm having my holidays now, halfway through my third semester. In terms of projects and assignments, I think that this is as hectic as it can get. I can't possibly imagine a higher magnitude. Anyway, because it's the holidays now, I think it is good to lay off some of those school-related stuff, and take a high heave of fresh air of all things recreational (anything that floats your boat!).

I heard from Kai Hong that he was going midnight cycling on the 18th June. It was nice of him allow me to tag along, really. I thought I could handle cycling pretty easily, but cycling overnight proved to be a much tougher challenge than I thought. It was quite a lot of fun, and Kai Hong's antics seriously makes you laugh 'till your stomach hurts from the inside. I managed a good 7 hours I think, but my legs started to give way (leg cramps) moving forward. I believed we cycled from East Coast Park to Bedok reservoir and back, covering a total distance of 70km+ on bike. Kai Hong, Aysrad, and Wen Ping's plan was to go the same (extended) route again overnight, but after the first 6 hours, I was blown. My legs were just so numb with cramps.

I think I took a good 2 days to recover. I may not have had the chance to cycle the extended route as planned, but this is far better than my previous attempt as overnight cycling, where I couldn't go on after just 3 hours. It was pretty horrible, and not mentioning embarrassing.

I wanted to sleep at McDonald's while they cycled the extended route overnight and came back for a rest and head back home, but they couldn't bear to see me sleeping alone at McDonald's. We then took a cab back home from there. Guys, I thank you so much. Thanks for everything you have done for me. And i'm really sorry you guys couldn't cycle the extended route for the second time overnight. So so sorry.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARCHIVES

December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
PREVIOUS POSTS

Dead or Alive
communication is key
If nobody cared
i'm depressed, stressed, and I can't sleep well.
thoughts on enrichment activities
Unbreakable routine
Time & Believe
Dead by sunrise
Quotable Quotes
Cloud computing
TAGBOX