Time & Believe
Monday, March 29, 2010

It’s nearing the end of the second week of my 5-week long holidays. It’s been good so far, and it is a nice feeling to know that people haven’t forgotten about you. It’s nice to catch up with people whom you’ve haven’t talked to in a while – to keep tabs on how people have been doing when you were busy with your exams and projects.

I like the holidays so far. I don’t do much during holidays, but it is nice to take a break from all that rushing to school in every morning, rushing deadlines for projects, cramming notes from our textbooks in little pieces of paper, and last but not least, trying to tahan our lecturers’ constant...lecturing about the class’s poor attendance to the class. I do miss how I’d whip out my SVE textbook on the bus to school, trying to store as much as I could in my brain’s capacity. People would be staring away at me squinting at the textbook.

When the bus reaches the interchange, I would close my book, and whip out my wallet. That’s when the embarrassment of the ITE logo printed on the cover page comes in. Some people would stare at the ITE logo, and then stare at me. I’d get surprised faces sometimes. Personally, I just can’t be bothered. I’d just follow the morning crowd to the MRT station. If the train were to be approaching, I’d join a few others who would be running up the right side of the escalator (escalators have a left-side rule, you see).

I also miss how some of the lecturers truly believe in you and push you – like Mr. Herman. When I failed my SVE mock test, that guy gave me one hell of a verbal spanking. It really made me buck up for that module. I’m not sure how I did for the SVE written paper, but if there’s a reason behind me bucking up and grinding the SVE textbook, it’s Mr. Herman. I didn’t want to let down people who believe in me. I think I have let many people down who believed in me before, including my parents. It made me realize and appreciate that people actually believe in me.

It’s a nice feeling to know that people believe in you. It really is.

When we return to school after the 5-week long holidays, we would represent the seniors in the school. Our class wouldn’t even be SC anymore. I think we would be SM come year 2. We’re going to be year 2’s! I can’t believe how quickly a year has passed. We’ve all known each other in the class for a year already. We’ve made it one year through in ITE. Half of the course is complete. Sooner than we can all say a proper goodbye to each other, we would all be going our separate paths, venturing our options, trying to come up from were we started, and that is,

ITE.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARCHIVES

December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
PREVIOUS POSTS

Dead by sunrise
Quotable Quotes
Cloud computing
having some (real) fun
Good ol’-fashioned civility
fate played us
blog moved
blog temporarily closed
TAIWAN
Undisclosed Desires
TAGBOX