having some (real) fun
Saturday, March 13, 2010

Some of the hottest artists at the moment are coming to Singapore this year. I was listening to radio, and heard that being said in of the trailers that they were running.

Muse was here in Singapore sometime back last month, I think. I like Muse pretty damn a lot. However, if I’m not mistaken, Muse wasn’t here not on tour, but as a “major highlight” and a part of another concert overall. It is said that Muse is the best sounding band in live performances. Oh, how I wish to hear them live one day.

Paramore’s coming this Sunday. I don’t exactly fancy Paramore, but I do know many others who do. People who think Hayley Williams (the lead singer) is hot or pretty or whatever. They’re definitely not the best sounding “rock” band I know. But hey, Hayley Wiliams’ orange hair is really something.

Adam Lambert’s coming next week. I wish he won season 8 of American Idol. I was rooting for him, rather than Kris Allen. Anyway, it’s proven: Adam Lambert made more money than Kris Allen. The same way other idol runner-ups such as Clay Aiken did. I’m a big fan of Adam Lambert’s two singles, For Your Entertainment, and Whatya Want From Me. I heard his album kicked ass too. He may be form American Idol, but one thing is for sure, Adam Lambert isn’t just another idol churn-out.

Those are pretty much what I think. The only live performances that I ever got interested in were Jason Mraz, Linkin Park, and those mentioned earlier. Jason Mraz’s live concerts are epic. Jason Mraz’s songs are great for singing-along. He’s just so consistent.
Aaaaand of course, LP. I’d like to believe that LP’s concerts are the most epic concerts ever made in the history in humankind, but of course, LP has their own flaws. We all know LP’s live concerts sound nothing like how they sound recorded in their albums. Still, LP’s concerts are fantastic. Too bad they came to Singapore when I was still too young.

I once told a friend about how I’d like to attend a concert someday. His reply was this:

“huh, really?”
“a couple of hundred dollars to see a bunch of hooligans screaming their heads off just for a few hours?”
“reaaaly?”

I forced out a laugh. It’s funny when you think about it. Why do we pay $8 for just a 2-hour screening of people being part of a story on the big screen? Poor cash mileage much?

He had a point. I mean, what’s the purpose of such concerts. You get to pamper yourself with enjoyment, and that’s about it. That too, comes at quite a price. What’s the point of going crazy over some lead singer with orange hair. I mean, sure, they’re cool, but...

It made me wonder what these concerts are based on. What the fans pay for, and what the band does. Are the concerts based on good music, or based on how outrageous it can get? Well, I guess that just depends on taste.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ARCHIVES

December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
PREVIOUS POSTS

Good ol’-fashioned civility
fate played us
blog moved
blog temporarily closed
TAIWAN
Undisclosed Desires
so I herd you liek
your history is mine
serious nostalgia
AWESOME
TAGBOX